Before a fire happens know the following:
- Know the location of the exit nearest your area (evacuation maps posted).
- Know the location of the fire alarm pull box nearest your area.
- Know the location of fire
extinguishers in your area.
- Know how to use a fire extinguisher.
Upon discovery of a fire:
- Pull fire alarm and give verbal warning.
- Call 911.
- Follow evacuation procedures.
- Close doors to contain fire
- If it is safe to do so, and you have been properly trained, you may attempt to
Persons whose clothes are on fire should drop to the floor and roll.
fire with a blanket, rug, or heavy coat.
Once emergency is under control:
- Determine if it is safe to re-enter the building.
- On the Elko Campus notify your respective Vice President. On all other campuses notify the Director and the Vice President of Academic Affairs (Elko Campus 775.753.2266).