Verification of having met the English requirement through one of the following options:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 61 (iBT-Internet-Based Test) or 500 (Paper-Based Test). Please indicate 'Institution Code 4293' and 'Undergraduate 00' to Educational Testing Service (ETS) to ensure that the scores are sent directly to GBC.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS - must be academic version) with an equivalency score of 6.
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic with an equivalency score of 57.
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) score of 500 or higher on the Critical Reading (formerly Verbal) section.
- American College Testing (ACT) score of 21 or higher.
- Completion of English 101 or equivalent from another U.S. higher education institution.
Exemption: Please note that students coming from the following English-speaking countries are exempt from the English language testing requirements: Australia, Bahamas, British Guyana, Canada (except for Quebec), Ireland, Jamaica, New Zealand, St. Vincent, Trinidad & Tobago, and United Kingdom. All other students, even those whose high school classes were taught in English, are required to meet one of the above criteria.