Skip to Main Content
GBC Page Header graphic.


Ryan Hathaway
Director of Student Life and Housing
Great Basin College
1500 College Parkway
Elko, Nevada 89801
Phone: 775.327.2395 (Office)


GBC Campus Safety is available in the App Store and Google Play, and can be found by searching keywords “Great Basin College Campus Safety.” The app is free, paid for by the GBC security office.


A shot record, providing proof of the meningitis shot, is required for accommodations in GBC Student Housing. Please follow the link below to acquire your current records.

Nevada’s Statewide Immunization Information System


Together We Can End Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault


Free app Circle of 6 –

Housing FAQ page title graphic.

Frequently Asked Housing Questions

Welcome to the Student Housing FAQ

We are here to help answer your questions. Our Frequently Asked Questions page helps when considering GBC for your student housing needs. Please review the answers and if they still do not address your question, please feel to contact the Student Housing Coordinator by phone at 775.327.2395 or by e-mail at!

When will I receive confirmation of housing?

You will receive an email confirmation following receipt of the application. Placement will be guaranteed in a following email.

When will I receive housing accommodations assignment?

In July, you will receive confirmation of the type of accommodation you will reside in, but the actual dorm or apartment number will not be given until you check in.

How are roommates assigned?

Preferences for specific roommates are honored whenever possible; each student must request the other on the student housing agreement form. Assignments are made based on major and desired occupation. No room assignments are made on the basis of race, religion, color or creed.

Is there a cleaning deposit?

Yes, and payment must be made before move-in. Griswold Hall has a $250 deposit. The Single Student Apartments have a $350 deposit, and Married/Family Apartments have a $500 deposit. Your deposit will be refunded according to the license agreement check-out rules that you will sign.

Can I remain in student housing between semesters? Is there a charge for this?

Yes, you may remain in single housing facilities between fall and spring semesters for an additional $200. Married and Family facilities continue on a monthly basis. Additionally, students may arrange to stay in any of the available facilities during summer sessions. Tenants must sign a letter of intent to register for the subsequent fall semester if staying through the summer.

When is student housing available?

Single-Student facilities are available for occupancy one week before the start of classes each semester. Students will be notified of their move-in date one month before the semester begins. Students who need special arrangements, i.e. summer internships, may contact the Housing Coordinator. Family Housing is available for occupancy as the units become vacant.

Are the Single Student Apartments and Griswold Hall rooms co-ed?

No, we do not have co-ed facilities here at GBC. You must be married to reside in Family Housing.

Students taking advantage of on-campus housing don't just survive…They succeed!

For More Information Contact

Ryan Hathaway
Director of Student Life and Housing
Great Basin College
1500 College Parkway
Elko, Nevada 89801
Phone: 775.327.2395 (Office)

Why Great Basin College

Great Basin College wants to be your choice for higher education. GBC offers associate and baccalaureate level instruction in career and technical education and academic areas. About 4,000 students are enrolled annually online from across the country and on campuses and centers across 86,500 square miles, two time zones, and ten of Nevada’s largest counties. We border Arizona, Oregon, Idaho, Utah, and California. We are GBC!

We Are GBC graphic.
Viewing PDF files require the Adobe Reader for your browser, available free from Adobe.