Skip to main content
GBC logo against State of Nevada seal. Click to go to the home page graphic.


Admissions and Records
Great Basin College
Phone: 775.327.2059

Admissions Majors graphic.

WUE Residency Status

Residents of Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands and Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, or Wyoming may enroll at GBC at a special, reduced tuition level. This is a result of an interstate partnership among members of the Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) and the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE).

Important Notes:

  • Students are only eligible to obtain WUE status prior to taking courses at Great Basin College, so it is important to request WUE status at the time of application to GBC.
  • A student who attends GBC under a WUE tuition program may not be reclassified as a resident unless the student has been subsequently enrolled as a non-resident student for at least 12 months immediately prior to applying for reclassification to resident status.

To apply for this reduced-rate, print and submit the WUE Application.

Return all forms to:

Admissions Office
Berg Hall
Great Basin College
1500 College Parkway
Elko, NV 89801

For More Information Contact

Admissions and Records
Great Basin College
Phone: 775.327.2059

Return to top

Why Great Basin College

Great Basin College wants to be your choice for higher education. GBC offers associate and baccalaureate level instruction in career and technical education and academic areas. About 4,000 students are enrolled annually online from across the country and on campuses and centers across 86,500 square miles, two time zones, and ten of Nevada's largest counties. We border Arizona, Oregon, Idaho, Utah, and California. We are GBC!

We Are GBC graphic.
Viewing PDF files require the Adobe Reader for your browser, available free from Adobe.