About the Program
Great Basin College(GBC) offers a two-year, five-semester program leading to an Associate of Applied Science in Radiology Technology. This is NOT a totally online program. The first year, the courses are at the Elko Campus on Tuesday afternoon and all day Wednesday. The second year students participate in a clinical setting. The clinical rotations can be throughout Nevada.
All radiology students should consult with a departmental adviser in planning course work. *Please note- You need to read the application information to make sure you include the supporting documentation with your application form.* The application information is found in the tabs to the right. We have supplied a printable application in the links to the right.
Great Basin College is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU). The program has been recognized by the American Registry of Radiology Technology (ARRT) and NWCCU. As of July of 2011, the GBC Program is accredited by JRCERT(Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiology Technology). You may review our Program Effectiveness Data document below or visit the JRCERT website to receive more information or review the JRCERT standards.
Contact information for JRCERT:
20 N. Wacker Dr., Ste 2850
Chicago, IL 60606-2850
The curriculum integrates online and live courses in radiology technology with general education requirements. Clinical experiences are offered at the college and affiliated healthcare sites. Please read the *student application handbook* for detailed application processes.
Great Basin College Radiology Technology Program wants to ensure student privacy so all online and web enhanced courses are available through the distance education(WebCampus) and are password protected. GBC adheres to FERPA guidelines.
PROGRAM MISSION STATEMENT(Reviewed Fall, 2014):
The mission of Great Basin College's Associate of Applied Science Radiology Technology Program is to provide quality education to prepare the undergraduate Radiology Technology student for beginning practice in a variety of health care settings.
1. Students will be clinically competent.
2. Students will communicate effectively.
3. Students will utilize critical thinking and problem solving
4. Students will be able to discuss professional pathways
5. Students will practice professionalism.
EXPECTED STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES:
The Radiology Technology Program graduate should be able to:
1. Students will be able to perform radiology examinations.
2. Students will be able to position patients for diagnostic quality images.
3. Students will be able to integrate ALARA practices for self, patients and others.
4. Students will be able to evaluate the final radiology image for essential criteria.
5. Students will be able to communicate effectively.
6. Students will be able to manipulate technique to accommodate for patient condition.
7. Students will be able to demonstrate critical thinking skills.
8. Students will be able to investigate and describe advanced professional opportunities.
9. Students will be able to discuss ASRT, JRCERT, licensure and different modalities.
10. Students will exhibit professionalism in a clinical setting.
11. Students will demonstrate professional interaction with patients.
- Congratulations to Denise Wolford for being accepted for the ASRT Student Leadership Program. Denise will be traveling to Florida to represent the Nevada Society of Radiology Technology and Great Basin College at the national meeting.
- Thank you for your interest in Great Basin College’s Associate of Applied Science Degree in Radiology Technology Program. We are excited to announce the date of our upcoming Open Advisement Session on Friday, February 10th, from 4 pm to 5 pm in the following locations: Battle Mountain – room 1 Elko – Health Science, room 108 Ely – room 118 Lovelock – PCMS Educ Bldg. Pahrump – room 113 Winnemucca – room 108 The Open Advisement Session is open to anyone interested in the AAS Nursing Program, Radiology Program, EMS/Paramedic Program or our Human Services Program. You will learn important information about applying to the program. Please plan to attend this informative meeting. Thank you for your interest in the GBC Associate of Applied Science in Radiology Technology Program. We look forward to talking with you soon!
|*PDF files require the Adobe Reader for your browser, available free from Adobe.|
Relevant Additional Reading, Forms, or Other Information
See also these Web Links
Mary Doucette, M.S.,R.R.A.(ARRT)(R)(M)(MR)(CT)(QM)
Reme Hutmann, M.E., RT(R)(CT), RDMS(AB)(OB/GYN), RVT, RDCS
For More Information, Contact
Gaye Terras: 775.753.2301, gaye.terras(a)gbcnv.edu
Mary Doucette: 775.753.2463, mary.doucette(a)gbcnv.edu
Note: The use of (a) in email addresses is a spam prevention technique. Use the @ sign instead when addressing email.
Express an Interest in this Program