About the Program
Starting and operating a new business takes effort and often involves considerable risk. This emphasis provides any potential entrepreneur with an understanding of the startup process and the stages of growing a new venture. Coupled with practical tools, such as the development of business and marketing plans, this knowledge will reduce many of the possible risks. The program is designed to provide business students with mentoring and real world experiences of running a business. Particular attention is paid to providing managerial skills that are important for the successful performance and growth of a new venture. Entrepreneurs will become aware of legal issues, financing difficulties, and organizational issues faced when developing a business. Faculty will provide students with research abilities/experiences that will allow them to develop a network of professionals who can provide capital sources and mentoring services. In fact, this curriculum has three levels:
- individualized assistance in deciding on a
- an opportunity to try the business in a virtual small business
world environment, and
- a cooperative education experience working with a small
This AAS degree is intended to deliver to the students the excitement and fulfillment that goes with starting a new venture while providing them with the tools for its success.
Graduates of the AAS degree in Entrepreneurship will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Apply effective human relations and communications skills.
- Develop an idea for a small business into a quality, workable business plan.
- Understand venture capitalization, management issues, and marketing problems related to starting a small business.
- Experience first-hand running a business in a virtual environment.
|*PDF files require the Adobe Reader for your browser, available free from Adobe.|