Audio Visual equipment is loaned to GBC faculty and staff only ~ for
GBC related activities, on or off campus.
- A/V equipment should be requested well in advance, using the audio visual request form;
- Most classrooms on campus and at the Annex are equipped with a television, DVD / VCR,
and an overhead projector in working order.
- Requests for other equipment must be based on a first come, first served basis.
- If requesting equipment for use off campus, faculty and/or staff are required to sign a
checkout sheet at the Audio Visual Services office.
- When there is a conflict arising from equipment requested for classroom use and equipment
required for meetings and special events, the classroom requests will have priority.
- Audio visual equipment is not loaned to any outside organization.
- Equipment is not loaned to students, however, instructors may check out equipment for them
to use for class presentations.
- Other presentation materials, such as flip-charts, whiteboards, etc., should be requested
through Buildings & Grounds by calling 753-2219.
- Interactive video classes and equipment, including "Elmo" projectors, need to be obtained
through the Interactive Video Department by calling 753-2306.
Equipment Available for Loan
- LCD projectors (for Powerpoint presentations)
- Digital Video Camcorder (This is generally set up and operated by Audio / Visual Services.)
- Public Address System (Amp / Mixer, Microphones, Speakers - This is generally set up by Audio / Visual Services)
- Audio Tape Cassette Players / Recorders
- TV / VCR Combination
- TV / DVD Combination
- Overhead Projectors
- There is also a miscellaneous collection of other equipment, if you need something along the
Audio / Visual equipment line, please ask, we may have it available.
Services Provided by the Audio Visual Department
- Delivery and set-up on campus of A / V equipment requested in advance;
- Videotaping in class and on campus for faculty and GBC events, with duplication in various formats
- Delivery and Set up of the Public Address System
- Reproduction of copyrighted audio and video materials with written permission of the copyright owner
- Reproduction of non copyrighted audio and video materials for faculty use
- Reproduction of audio and video materials of classroom instruction and student practice.
- Repair of GBC audio and visual equipment. Please submit AV Repair Request form
NOTE: It is of course illegal to violate United States Copyright Laws. If in doubt concerning these laws
you may view them at: http://www.copyright.gov/title17 or you may view a hardcopy of the current law in the Audio / Visual Services office in McMullen Hall.