|Academic Success Center (ASC)|
What is Praxis?
The Praxis tests are taken by individuals entering the teaching profession as part of the certification process required by many states and professional licensing organizations.
The Great Basin College Testing Center offers Computer-Delivered Praxis exams.
The ETS testing company sets the dates that exams are administered.
Preparing for Praxis
Before arriving to the GBC Academic Success and Testing Center on the day of the exam, make sure you have done all of the following things to prepare yourself:
More information about the Praxis exams can be found at http://www.ets.org/praxis
- Register on the Praxis website for the exam(s) you need to take.
- Call the GBC Testing Center to confirm your seat (775) 753-2149.
- Locate the GBC Testing Center and familiarize yourself with the Testing Center Rules and Regulations. (Link Rules and Regulations to the Rules and Regulations Page).
- Be prepared to present your registration ticket and a photo ID.
- Be prepared to pay the fee for your test by credit/debit card, PayPal, eCheck, or money order.